Most reliable indicators point to the fact that remote working and telecommuting is on the rise throughout the world. The rise of teleworking has been driven by the: emergence of new enabling technologies, changing attitudes and the entrepreneurial zeal of businesses to start new venture in new markets with minimal overheads and without the need to set up an office.
Even better news for remote working is that Gallup research has revealed that remote workers have slightly higher levels of engagement and work longer hours than traditional office based workers.
But, if you are going to make remote working work for your business you’ll need to keep a close eye on output and productivity, using a time sheet system. The good news is that you don’t need to pay as there are plenty of free time web based time sheet systems on the web and I have outlined 4 of the best below.
I am recommending web based time sheets as they are the best for remote workers as there are less compatibility issues than using a desk top based system.
5 Free or Affordable Web Based Time Sheet Systems for Small Business
1. Zoho Time Tracking Software: This a free time tracking and billing tool for small businesses. This is free for one project, but with unlimited users. If you want more than one project, then you can sign up for their express membership level for $20/Month.
2. Free Timesheet from Actitime. This is a completely free time tracking tool which is great for small businesses. It includes a powerful time sheet for tracking work, and it also has helpful email reminders. It also includes an invoicing and billing system and excellent reporting capacities. As a bonus, it also includes a paid time off tracking system for tracking holidays and vacations should you wish to use it for this purpose.
3.Tracksmart.com Timesheet.This is an affordable timesheet software system for businesses which has a slick, simple and highly intuitive user interface. The timesheet system is known as Time Clock, which is a clocking in-and-out-style timesheet system. They also have a calendar for tracking sickness and other absences called, Attendance. Get 30% when you follow this link: Timesheet Software at TrackSmart.com
4, If you are a smaller company of perhaps 20 or less employees you may not need software, in which case try out our simple time sheet or rota apps
- StaffTRAK Rota. Downloadable Excel Staff Rota. It’s easy to use and you can start managing shifts and tracking time and auto-calculating pay in no-time. Try it out now.
- StaffTRAK Time is a downloadable Excel Staff Time sheet. It’s easy to use. Just email it to your staff or put in on your intranet so they can download it when they need it and submit hours. Try it out now.
5. FreshBooks Timesheet: This is a hybrid timesheet system, invoicing system and expense management system. It has a mobile app so you can track time and expenses on the run. This is great for freelancers and small business who want be able to easily track and invoice clients for billable time. It’s comes with a free trial, and is still very affordable when the trial ends.
6.Zar Money. This is a completely free, fully featured cloud accounting software tool that allows full inventory control. If you are just looking for a powerful invoicing and accounting system, you should look no further than this.
Can’t Decide? Try Our Premium Timesheet Software Comparison Survey 2017.
This is a Timesheer Software Comparison Survey for 2017 of 30 pieces of HR software currently on the market. Each piece of software has been assessed against the following criteria and placed in excel matrix. This information should help to support your decision making when choosing some HR software for your business.
Time Sheet Software Assessment Criteria
1:) Is there a freemium or freeware option? Answer Yes or No with description of limitations on freeware options
2:) Pricing Structure, e.g. a description of pricing options
3:) Price per unit, (e.g. per employee, per user)
4.) Cloud based (Yes or no)
5.) Separate Mobile App (Yes or no) plus brief description
6.) Free trial period length
7.) Credit card needed for free trial period
8.) Extended Project Management Functionality (Yes or no) plus brief description
10.) Project Costing and Client Billing Functionality (Yes or no) plus brief description
11.) Time and Billing Reporting Module (Yes or no) plus brief description
12:) Leave Management Module (Yes or no) plus brief description)
13:) Developer API Add-ons/Integrations (Yes or no) plus list key add-ons) and summarize additional potential functionality
14:) Goals and Objectives Section (Yes or no) plus brief description)
15:) Developer API Add-ons/Integrations (Yes or no) plus list key add-ons) and summarize additional potential functionality