Last updated on December 10th, 2018 at 02:03 pm
Do you dread going to work every morning? Have you fallen out of love with your job?
Perhaps you’re constantly feeling stressed or maybe just uninspired?
If so, now is the time to consider finding a new job.
Read on to discover five key signs that indicate you should start job hunting today:
- The company is sinking – Have you noticed a lot of staff cuts lately? Perhaps the company is a lot quieter than usual and failing to secure as much business? Maybe you’ve heard rumours that the owner is in a lot of financial trouble? Don’t go down with a sinking ship. Get out before it is too late.
- You want more pay – If you feel that the amount of work you put in is not justified by the amount of money you receive, and you are being overlooked for new opportunities to grow, such as promotions, you may consider finding a job opportunity that gives you the chance to flourish and make more money. You may also want to look into passive income investments and other ways to make some money on the side.
- You lack passion – If you wake up in the morning and you don’t feel any excitement or passion towards your job, then it’s time to consider moving on. Remember how you felt when you first started working there. If those feelings have vanished and you don’t see them coming back, a new job is a must. Don’t only consider new companies but new roles too. If you’ve worked for a large finance company, why not become an independent financial advisor? You will be putting your skills to use but in an entirely different manner, and so you will get that passion back.
- You spend most of your week waiting for Friday – If you hate your job so much that all you think about on a Monday is the weekend, it’s time for a change. There are many other indications that you really dislike your job. Do you feel sick at the thought of going to work? Perhaps you consider calling in ill for the slightest thing? If any of these apply, you don’t have to persevere, look for a job you will love.
- You don’t have a good work-life balance – Your whole life cannot be centered on work – you need to have a good work-life balance. If you find that you are never able to spend time with your family or commit to any social plans because of work, you ought to look elsewhere. The same also applies if you find that you are not able to commit enough time to your job.
If any or all of the signs that have been mentioned in this post relate to you, you should certainly start looking for a new challenge. Don’t only consider new companies and new job positions, but look at new locations too. Have you ever thought about a job overseas? Expat life can be very rewarding, depending on where you move to, you can benefit from better job perks and a better quality of living.