Last updated on November 14th, 2017 at 02:55 pm
Most reliable indicators point to the fact that remote working and telecommuting is on the rise throughout the world. The rise of teleworking has been driven by the: emergence of new enabling technologies, changing attitudes and the entrepreneurial zeal of businesses to start new venture in new markets with minimal overheads and without the need to set up an office.
Even better news for remote working is that Gallup research has revealed that remote workers have slightly higher levels of engagement and work longer hours than traditional office based workers.
But, if you are going to make remote working work for your business you’ll need to keep a close eye on output and productivity, using a time sheet system. The good news is that you don’t need to pay as there are plenty of free time web based time sheet systems on the web and I have outlined 4 of the best below.
I am recommending web based time sheets as they are the best for remote workers as there are less compatibility issues than using a desk top based system.
5 Free or Affordable Web Based Time Sheet Systems for Small Business
1. Zoho Time Tracking Software: This a free time tracking and billing tool for small businesses. This is free for one project, but with unlimited users. If you want more than one project, then you can sign up for their express membership level for $20/Month.
2. Free Timesheet from Actitime. This is a completely free time tracking tool which is great for small businesses. It includes a powerful time sheet for tracking work, and it also has helpful email reminders. It also includes an invoicing and billing system and excellent reporting capacities. As a bonus, it also includes a paid time off tracking system for tracking holidays and vacations should you wish to use it for this purpose.
Special Cyber Monday offer: 50% off actiTIME paid subscription product, on Cyber Monday, November 27, So, click here to start your free online trial now to see the benefits of Actitime and purchase it later on Cyber Monday with 50% off.
3.Tracksmart.com Timesheet.This is an affordable timesheet software system for businesses which has a slick, simple and highly intuitive user interface. The timesheet system is known as Time Clock, which is a clocking in-and-out-style timesheet system. They also have a calendar for tracking sickness and other absences called, Attendance. Get 30% when you follow this link: Timesheet Software at TrackSmart.com
4, If you are a smaller company of perhaps 20 or less employees you may not need software, in which case try out our simple time sheet or rota apps
- StaffTRAK Rota. Downloadable Excel Staff Rota. It’s easy to use and you can start managing shifts and tracking time and auto-calculating pay in no-time. Try it out now.
- StaffTRAK Time is a downloadable Excel Staff Time sheet. It’s easy to use. Just email it to your staff or put in on your intranet so they can download it when they need it and submit hours. Try it out now.
5.MinuteDoc This is a fully featured cloud-based time-tracking software tool. It’s easy to use and it allows you to track time by client, project or task. It has smart-key board entry features making it easy to add multiple entries in one go. You can also send invoices out from the system and it has excellent reporting functionality too. It can be set up in minutes and comes with a 14 day free trial. Prices start at £15 a month per user.
6. FreshBooks Timesheet: This is a hybrid timesheet system, invoicing system and expense management system. It has a mobile app so you can track time and expenses on the run. This is great for freelancers and small business who want be able to easily track and invoice clients for billable time. It comes with a free trial and is still very affordable when the trial ends.